Sammy Hagar has enlisted three legendary musicians – Toby Keith, Mickey Hart and Taj Mahal – to round out the final three tracks on his first-ever rock collaborations album: Sammy Hagar and Friends. The highly anticipated new album is set for release by Frontiers Records on September 24th in North America, September 27th in Europe, September 29th in the UK, and will be preceded by the album’s first single and video for the high voltage track Knockdown Dragout featuring Kid Rock, Joe Satriani and Denny Carmassi.
In addition to the 10-track standard edition album, fans will also have an opportunity to purchase a Deluxe edition of Sammy Hagar and Friends, packaged in a high-gloss Digipak. The Deluxe CD/DVD package includes an exclusive bonus audio track, Space Station #5, recorded live at the Ronnie Montrose Tribute Concert held on April 29th, 2012 in San Francisco, as well as the “Making of” album documentary which includes bonus video of the first single Knockdown Dragout, and more.
Sammy Hagar and Friends final track listing as follows:
1. Winding Down (with Taj Mahal)
2. Not Going Down (with Bill Church & Denny Carmassi)
3. Personal Jesus (with Neal Schon, Michael Anthony & Chad Smith)
4. Father Sun (with Denny Carmassi & Aaron Hagar)
5. Knockdown Dragout (with Kid Rock, Joe Satriani, Denny Carmassi)
6. Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Man (with David Lauser, Mona Gnader & Vic Johnson)
7. Bad On Fords and Chevrolets (with Ronnie Dunn, David Lauser, Mona Gnader & Vic Johnson)
8. Margaritaville (with Toby Keith)
9. All We Need Is An Island (with Nancy Wilson & Mickey Hart)
10. Going Down (with Neal Schon, Michael Anthony & Chad Smith)
11. Space Station #5 (with Denny Carmassi, Bill Church, Joe Satriani) Live from Ronnie Montrose Tribute * Exclusively available on Deluxe Edition CD
From new original songs including Not Going Down (a song specifically written for Hagar by Jay Buchanan of Rival Sons), Knockdown Dragout, Bad On Fords and Chevrolets, All We Need Is An Island, and Father Sun, to reimagined covers of classics including Bob Seger’s, Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Man, and Depeche Mode’s Personal Jesus, Hagar has masterfully assembled an album that delves into rock, country, pop, blues and zydeco.
Visit Sammy at the following sites: