GUITAR MASTER MICHAEL ANGELO BATIO TO RELEASE COMPILATION ENTITLED “SHRED FORCE 1”
Considered to be a pioneer of the “shred guitar” genre, Michael Angelo Batio is set to release his first-ever career retrospective entitled, Shred Force 1: The Essential Michael Angelo Batio. The new album is slated for release on April 14th through Rat Pak Records. Shred Force 1: The Essential Michael Angelo Batio not only highlights Michael’s best work to date, but also brings together many nationally renowned musicians from the hard rock and heavy metal genres. The album features some of Michael’s most memorable performances including a dynamic version of Rush’s What You’re Doing, which features Queensrÿche vocalist Todd LaTorre, Metal Church guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof, Alice Cooper bassist Chuck Garric, Metal Church/TSO drummer Jeff Plate and guitarist Craig Blackwell. An official audio stream of What You’re Doing can be heard below.
There is also a cover of Deep Purple’s Burn with Queensrÿche vocalist Todd LaTorre and Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti. The album also consists of Michael’s tributes to Eric Clapton (Slowhand), Randy Rhoads (RRR) that features Rudy Sarzo on bass, and a new version of MAB’s unique tribute (Diamond) to the late great Darrell “Dimebag” Abbott of Pantera, that features guitarist Michael Wilton of Queensrÿche. The album also includes some of MAB’s most notable instrumental tracks such as, 8 Pillars of Steel with guest appearances by Elliott Dean Rubinson, Dave Reffett, Jeff Loomis, Rusty Cooley, George Lynch, Andrea Martongelli and Craig Goldy, Juggernaut showcases ex-Megadeth guitarist Chris Poland, Dave Reffett, Annie Grunwald, Guthrie Govan, Mike Lepond, and Michael Romeo. Michael Angelo Batio’s Shred Force 1: The Essential Michael Angelo Batio is a must have for all fans of the shred guitar genre.
“I feel that Shred Force 1 is the culmination of my best musical work,” exclaims Batio. “These are some of my personal favorite performances along with an army of featured guest stars pulled together by an amazing record company to bring it all into focus!”
Track Listing For Shred Force 1: The Essential MAB:
1. Hands Without Shadows (featuring Bobby Rock and William Kopecky)
2. Burn (featuring Todd LaTorre and Mark Tremonti)
3. Juggernaut (Featuring Chris Poland, Dave Reffett, Annie Grunwald, Guthrie Govan, Mike Lepond, and Michael Romeo)
4. What You’re Doing (featuring Todd LaTorre, Kurdt Vanderhoof, Chuck Garric, Jeff Plate and Craig Blackwell)
5. 8 Pillars of Steel (featuring Elliott Dean Rubinson, Dave Reffett, Jeff Loomis, Rusty Cooley, George Lynch, Andrea Martongelli, Craig Goldy)
6. Call To Arms (featuring Dan Lenegar, William Kopecky and John Mrozek)
7. 2X Again
8. Slowhand (Featuring Warren Dunlevy Jr.)
9. Diamond (featuring Michael Wilton, Elliott Dean Rubinson)
11. Gotta Run (featuring Dan Lenegar, William Kopecky and John Mrozek)
12. No Boundaries
13. RRR (featuring Rudy Sarzo and Bobby Rock)
Bonus Tracks (Digital Version Only):
14. I Pray The Lord
Pre-order bundles are now available at ShredForce1.com or ratpakrecords.com/michaelangelobatio.
I would respect him even more if he ditched the hair piece for something that looks more real.
For me, the worst kind of metal soloing is that death/black metal shred. That makes this guy sound like Hendrix.
I’ve heard him try to play a version of CEMETERY GATES and it was atrocious! It was disrespectful. He went off the rails and over played so much that he completely ruined the song.