JUDAS PRIEST ANNOUNCE ADDITIONAL TOUR DATES AS “REDEEMER OF SOULS” CRACKS THE TOP TEN OF THE BILLBOARD 200 CHART

judaspriest640 Judas Priest have announced that they have added a some additional dates to their tour. They are listed below and indicated with an asterisk.

In related news, since its release on July 8th, Redeemer Of Souls has sold around 32,000 copies in the United States in its first week landing it at the number six position on The Billboard 200 chart, making this the band’s first album to ever land in the top ten.

Redeemer of Souls 2014 dates:

Nov-16 San Jose, CA City National Civic ***
Nov-18 Salt Lake City, UT Maverik Center
Nov-19 Denver, CO 1STBANK Center ***
Nov-21 Boise, ID CenturyLink Arena ***
Nov-22 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome ***

judaspriestredeembecover640

Comments

1. Lesbians for nugent says:

Bloodstone

2. Where is the Houston date? Possibly November 1?

• Not sure Ken,

I got the tour dates directly from Priest’s official homepage. One would think they would have the complete listing?

Dana from ET.com :)

3. If ticket didn’t cost so dam much I loved to see these guy but considering the ticket prices are higher than my mortgage payment I think I’ll stay home which sucks that put on a great live show.

• Denver tickets are $45-$65. Hardly a mortgage payment.

• talktopete says:

LOL!!!! What kind of house do you live in??????? a 70.00$ mortgage payment?? You must’ve had a great realtor!!!! Just kidding brother, I know times are tough. It will be a great night though, and if you don’t go, the moneys just gonna go towards a bill. Don’t forget to jump off that hamster wheel once in a while, you only live once.

• Brian Bulakites says:

The Mohegan sun tickets are only 70? For that I might go! But in the past tickets for concerts there have been a lot more. Prices must have gone down. Due to lack of ticket sales there. But not everyone’s right all the my bad. Thanks for oiling the hamster wheel.

• metalmania says:

Site says Mohegan Sun tickets are $55 – $75. Not sure what additional fees there may be on top of that though, I’ve been to shows where it’s another $20 in fees on top of the base ticket price (Pure BS that is, I can see a couple extra $ but $20!?!?!?!). I guess I need to decide soon whether I’m going. This isn’t the full arena there, but looks like a mid sized theater so it could sell out sooner.

4. Let me be the first to say: FUCK YEAH, BABY!!!!!

5. SO THERE NOVEMBER 8TH!!! Already purchased my tickets through Priest’s web site yesterday. The addition of these dates indicates an increased demand for the band, and hopefully they’ll add even more dates on their U.S. tour. Would love to see them more that once if possible. It would had been better had Priest toured with ACCEPT instead of Steel Panther! Was glad to see “Redeemer of Souls” debut at #6 on the U.S. charts, although I was hoping it would debut #1 like Black Sabbath’s “13” did. Either way it’s good to see Priest still DELIVERING THE GOODS in 2014, even with the departure of K.K. Downing. If anything they seem reborn with Richie Faulkner now in the band. Hopefully they’ll still be around for another couple of albums and tours. ROCK HARD, RIDE FREE!!!

• When you listen to REDEEMER OF SOULS, along with 13 and CLOCKWORK ANGELS, you have to be impressed with the fact that this genres top artists are at the top of their game. It’s older but you can include BLACK ICE as well. We all know these guys ages so we can’t expect many more but it’s great for now. BACK IN BLACK, HEAVEN AND HELL, BRITISH STEEL and MOVING PICTURES all came out around the same time during a glorious time for metal. One-third of a century later, the elite are still killing it.

• I first saw Priest in ’76 and have seen them between 70 and 75 times. They are the all time greatest…. but I saw Accept two weeks ago, and Priest CAN NOT tour with them….. they’d LOSE !
      Remember the feeling the first time you saw “Touch of Evil” & “Metal Gods” Live ? That pretty much sums up the current Accept tour.

6. Also the album is Amazing!!!!!!

7. Hopefully they will add a Houston date somewhere.

8. Bruce Dickenson is not impressed.

9. doug r. says:

I am so happy for JP, R.O.S. debuting in the top 10, F’N awesome! They did a great job promoting this album with the full & mini previews of a lot of the songs on the album, very smart! And for all those idiotic critics who say Heavy Metal is dead, and nobody cares about it anymore, UP YOURS! Here’s your proof, Judas Priest is in the top 10 in 2014, BITE ME! ;)

• Doug, good point about the promotion. I don’t recall Priest doing THIS much promotion for an album before. They were ALL OVER Sirius the past two weeks (including on Eddie’s show), podcasts, YouTube teasers…all the way to streaming the entire album via iTunes a week before release. After the way the band (outside of Rob) has treated new technology the past 15+ years, this was incredibly refreshing. And I think it really paid off for them. I hope it continues.

10. Steel Panther rules!

11. 32,000 and #6. Rod Stewart in ’79 would sell 500,000 in a week and be at #6 behind Donna Summer. Times have changed.

• Yes Lee,

Times are definitely different. As technology has moved forward and the way people purchase music has drastically changed, so have the stats. But nonetheless, I am very happy for my favorite band. Good for them :)

Dana from ET.com :)

12. I am thrilled that the new album or whatever it’s called these days is actually really good. As for seeing them live if you never have do it. they are one of the great live bands ever. You will not leave disappointed. Been seeing them since the time Maiden opened in the summer of 1980.

13. talktopete says:

OKAY PRIEST/ROB….YOU’VE NEVER SKIPPED ST. LOUIS, please don’t forget us on this tour. We can’t just run off to Kansas City, Mo. PLEASE COME TO ST. LOUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Redemer of souls, great production, but. Average release,
    The only stand out was beginning. Of the end, awsome. Song
    I’m a 70s priest. Fan, very hard to compare, with early priest
    Halford solo and such, I’ve heard the CD twice,
    I hope finally Priest. Will mix up the set list
    And play some unplayed live material

The amount of time, and production should
    Win them a Grammy on that part,

Eddie??? What about new. Gravedigger or Sabaton release
    Euro metal, is out there,
    Neil turbin, ex-anthrax, w be playing. In full on tour
    Fistfull of metal complete,

• Maybe you and I have two different CDs, Chris. I think the album is the best they’ve done since Painkiller (which is still in my all-time Top 5 metal albums), and I’ve been a fan since ’82. I haven’t been able to stop listening to it for over 2 weeks. Really, the only weak song on the album (excluding bonus tracks) is Down in Flames, which has a TERRIBLE chorus (they could have killed it with this song, but it’s a lazily done song, IMO). Otherwise, how can you say songs like Valhalla, Battle Cry or Hell & Back aren’t great??

• I Really like “Down In Flames”. This Album is Really Good, I also Love “Nostradamus” A very well made Album ,It Shows the Brilliant Scope of Creativeness that this Band Has. Kudos to Priest!

15. James K. says:

I love it! Look at all the Texas dates they added! I’m going to the show in Austin for sure. When the tour was first announced, the only Texas date was in Allen. 32,000 copies 25 or 30 years ago might not have gotten them in the top 100, maybe not even on the charts at all. That just shows how broken down the music industry in the US is. But hey, a win is a win and it’s awesome to see a band like Priest that high up on the charts. I hope they knocked some dumbass rapper down or one of those nerdy, jangly sounding awful bands that for some reason are popular with all the dorks and artsy fartsy wanna be “intellectuals” in this country.

16. scott jenkin says:

Havent missed a show since 1984, including Ripper shows and Operation Rock and Roll w/ Alice Cooper.
    PLEASE tell me there will be A Ohio date!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They NEVER skip Cleveland!!!!! If not Im off to Pittsburgh, I guess (agains my better judgement..LOL)

17. Congrats to the Mighty Priest hitting #6 on the Billboard 100!! I have given the whole cd quite a few listens now and it is awesome. I think there is a touch of every decade of JP on this cd from the 70’s to present. I think ANY JP fan would be happy with this recording. Rob may not hit the notes from 20 or 30 years ago but it is still a hell of a lot better than most still to this day. Looking forward to the show in the ATL in October! I miss KK but Richie rocks it! I love the young infusion he has brought. Rock Hard, Ride Free!

18. Over the past few months, via this website, I have been listening to the little snippets that were being given as well as the full length songs. I have commented on them, again via this website, and I was sad to say that I wasn’t getting excited about this album, which was a great shame for me as I’m a huge Priest fan. I also said that I would give the album a listen before making my final judgement.

I’ve now listened to the album, admittedly via YouTube……..

I HATE IT.

I never thought I would say such a thing about a JP album. Getting a replacement for KK Downing, in my humble opinion, and everyone else can disagree with me, (it is allowed), was a grave mistake. There were a couple of songs which I immediately heard old Priest songs, whether they were riffs or melodies. There are solos with Whammy-bar pyrotechnics that sound as if KK’s solos have been cut and pasted from old recordings and put on this one.

Richie Faulkner is a JP fan. However, I feel that it is as if he’s gone into the band and started writing for them, said to himself: “Right, I’m in Judas Priest, I’ve got to write like Judas Priest.” However, I feel that he has sub-consciously re-written some of the old stuff. The title track for example, I couldn’t help but hear “Hell Patrol”.

I also did something that I also have never done during a listening of a new JP album: After hearing half of the album in full, I started skipping the tracks after a couple of minutes. When I got to “Snakebite”, the first of the bonus tracks on the deluxe edition, and I started to hear something similar to “You’ve got another thing Coming”, I switched it off and decided that this was going to be the first JP album that I will not be buying.

For me, without KK, there is no Judas Priest. Others will disagree, that is fine. If you like the album, great, I hope that you have many happy times listening to it. If you are going to be going to any live shows that they are going to be doing in the future, have fun and enjoy yourself and get home safely. But for me, it’s over and done. I say this with a heavy (metal) heart.

Still, at least I’ve got all the other albums in the back catalogue to enjoy.

• David,

That’s fine. Judas Priest is also my favorite band and you can’t like everything all the time, that’s nearly impossible.

The Beatles were the very first rock band that I latched on to as a kid. I admit that I considered myself somewhat of a fanatic, but I always remained a realist. There are people who will by everything and anything that the Beatles put out and swear that it is all ingenious. Not so with me, I have issues with many Beatles albums and songs. No one is flawless and there is no such thing as the perfect band (person, etc.).

Music tends to ebb and flow. So, it is okay to admit that you don’t care for the new Priest album. It’s your opinion and you are entitled to it. Unlike other posters, at least you were mature about presenting your criticisms, so kudos for that.

Dana from ET.com :)

• Thank you Dana for you comments regarding my post. Much appreciated.

• metalmania says:

These are probably the best two posts I’ve ever read on this (or many other) site about a negative opinion of a band or album. This is the way to do it and the way to reply to it instead of the ridiculous insults and ranting that a lot of people do. Just because we love raucous music doesn’t mean we can’t communicate with each other in a mature and civilized manner.
        As for “Redeemer of Souls”, I had mixed feelings about what I’d heard before the release, so I’ll admit my expectations weren’t very high. The first time I listened through the whole album (including bonus tracks), I didn’t like the guitar sound and was underwhelmed by a lot of the tracks. HOWEVER, the circumstances of when and where I was listening didn’t allow me to really pay close attention to it. I’ve since listened to it a second time and although I still wish the guitar tones were a bit “bigger”, I liked more of the songs. Maybe this is one of those albums that might take a few listens to really appreciate. It’s no “Screaming for Vengeance” but right now my feeling is it’s a solid effort, 3 out of 5 stars that could improve to 4. I don’t regret buying the deluxe version, but I don’t think you’re missing much if you decide to just get the regular version.

• No David, please reconsider. You must give this new album a chance. Don’t emphasize goofy bonus tracks. Shit was left off for a reason. The album is so good and I’m having so much fun listening to it. You know, I’ve got a signed copy and the guys were such nice men. Go back David, start over, your missing it David. It is here. It is now. I’m. KISS guy and I know MONSTER wasn’t anything spectacular but REDEEMER OF SOULS is an amizingly enjoyable experience. This album is like Lebron James returning to Cleveland. No filler! All killer! My first PRIEST album was PRIEST LIVE and then I back cataloged to SAD WINGS and ROCKA ROLLA. REDEEMER is excellent like Lebron James. I saw him a few years back when the NETS were still in Jerseys. He was amazing just like REDEEMER. Go back to it. Open your mind. You don’t even have to thank me. Do it for yourself and your family.

• Hi Richman

My mind is very much open. It wasn’t just the bonus tracks that I heard the old stuff in. I could listen to this album 9,10, maybe 15 times, I still won’t like it.

That’s the way it is I’m afraid. I should point out that I have the two albums without Rob Halford singing. Again, it wasn’t the same JP, however there was something that was the same: The Tipton/Downing twin guitar attack. That was what kept my attention with those two records.

If a band changes it’s members, that band will change because the new members are NOT the old members. It’s like I said to somebody one time: “I could sit and learn to do all of Eddie van Halen’s techniques and wizardry on the guitar 24hrs a day, 7 days a week for a whole year, and I still WOULDN’T play those things the same way as he does.” Why? I’m not Eddie van Halen.

Some bands can change a member or two and one of two things can happen. 1: They go on to produce some of the best music that they’ve ever done, the fans love it and will soon forget the people that the new members have replaced. 2: It completely turns the band to shit and they have no choice but to get the original members back.

It will always happen. It also leads to friendly debates via websites like http://www.eddietrunk.com where people from all over the world (I’m from England) can share their opinions with other fans. LONG MAY IT CONTINUE!!!

• I’ve been to England twice. Love it there. I actually remember hearing THE WICKER MAN by IRON MAIDEN on regular radio when it first came out. Great country. Beautiful women. God be with you and all to all my friends in Wolverhampton.

• I agree David, I didn’t buy the non Rob albums because they wouldn’t have been Priest to me. I wanted this album to be great just as I wanted Sabbath 13 to be great but like 13 its just O.K. I can see where you would like it if you liked “Nostradamas” but I didn’t really care for that one either. My first Priest show was the 1980 “Point of Entry” tour and it still ranks in the top 3 of mine all time. The Glenn-K.K. dueling riff dynamic, along with Robs vocals is why I loved Priest. I’m not knocking Richie Faulkner, he’s a good guitarist but he doesn’t seem to have the synergy with Glenn that K.K. had. After listening to this one I think understand why K.K. decided to hang it up. It has to be tough to keep that kind of intensity up for so long. I think I’ll skip the stop in Rochester tomorrow and remember J.P. from back in the “British Steel” , “Point of Entry”, “Screaming for Vengeance” etc. days. There will always be a special place in my heart for Priest and wish them all the best on the tour and beyond.

19. scott gul says:

Wheres Chicago???? I agree with above I like Steel Panther, but Accept would have been much better.

20. Todd Fagan says:

More theatres and arenas being ticketed at 1/3 capacity and it’s big news on this site.I love Priest , but if Trunk is gonna whine about a certain number of tickets(usually the last 1,000) are being discounted ona certain band’s tour, he should be reporting that this tour is aiming at 3-4,000 a night. Never mind that his boys Aerosmith just had to paper the crap out of their hometown Mansfield show.

• When did I whine? When did I ever say that MANY rock show aren’t struggling?? The difference is none of the bands you mention will tell you they are bigger than ever, then do co-headline tours that struggle. Of course the Priest shows will be curtained in many places. When did I ever say they wouldn’t be?? But Priest are also not selling you a band of half impersonation and telling you they are bigger than ever. But that doesn’t work when you have zero objectivity and blind worship. Only say and think what you are sold..

21. Highland ca,,here we go.. cant wait for some rock,,

22. Todd Fagan says:

Weren’t you the one Tweeting pics of a so called packed Jones Beach Aerosmith show ,never mentioning the $20 seats ?I know in today’s market, getting them in and selling them $10 hotdogs,$12 beer and $50 T’s is the main draw,so $20 seats is not as damning as some would have you believe .Very few older acts tour without some type of help today(Aerosmith has been touring with one act after another since 2003). Yet on this site everyone is promoted as having successful Sold Out tours, no matter the size of the venues, price of tickets or touring partners, well with one exception, you always give an excuse why they are so successful, then attack others for pointing that out.
    I’ve always been a big fan Ed, love you what you’ve done for rock music. These bands that are no longer mainstream need an outlet and you provide it. But you have a blind spot with a certain band.

I did agree with you on Priest’s opening band, should have been Ace instead of a farce band.Yeah I like him, it’s possible to like both.

23. Ashleah Allen says:

Where is the Portland, Oregon stop? They should know better than to perform in Tacoma the same night as the Motley Crue Final tour in Spokane!! Hoping for a Portland show:-)

• Vince Edwards says:

Hopefully they are not basing the Portland area fan base on the last Priest show I went to here years back on July 4th. It was a terrible day to schedule a concert so the turnout wasn’t very good..

24. hellhammer says:

saddened, so wanted the new Priest to be killer, but have been disappointed…guitars sound great, halford seems to be asleep, no energy…re-listen to Stained Class, amazing! need that fierceness again…age doesn’t have to diminish passion…hoping they can bring it live

25. Love “Redeemer Of Souls” , Finally bought “Nostradamas” Incredible. Never been a fan , now I am, Got my Tickets for the Tacoma dome Show, Can’t Wait! “Priest Rocks!”

26. Rich tracy says:

Redeemer of souls kicks ass…my top 3 judas priest cd “s unleashed in the east. Stained glass and redeemer of souls…. Making the road trip to K.C. From St. Louis… K. C. Is a easy drive from St.Louis… Judas priest..played at super jams in St Louis. Would like to see judas priest and Sammy Hagar co-headline in St. Louis… Top 3 singers…Hagar.. Halford and Rogers. I stumble across the cheater..nice work… Crossfire smokes..and cold blooded rocks.

27. Nicholas Lucente says:

Let’s face the facts, there is no Priest w/o KK. The Sinner, Steeler, Victim….w/o KK, Priest is just another metal band. This is a fact and it is undisputed. I’ve been searching for the REAL reason KK no longer with the band but can’t find anything substantive. Does anyone know?