3/6: THURSDAY UPDATE; HOF, MARS, TATE, KISS, MORE

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday so far. Some interesting comments about my last blog on remasters. Cool to see everyone’s opinions. Yes there are plenty of good ones that artists were not involved in. It’s all subjective and depends what your ears like. I forgot to mention UFO’s catalog which is awesome. Especially Strangers In The Night which has added tracks and is back in the actual sequence in the reissue. Good reading in comments others that people like.

Just amazing the amount of Kiss related comments here since the HOF news broke on my show almost two weeks ago. We are a little over a month out now so I suspect no shortage of new developments coming as we get closer. Really funny seeing all the guesses on who does the induction. I can tell you of all the guesses in comments not one person has been right so far! It is someone not openly associated with Kiss that much and someone the HOF loves. I can also tell you this person did very much campaign to get them in the HOF as well. I’ll post who it is when I can, then watch the comments come in I’m sure.

Live Q104.3 show tomorrow with Geoff Tate calling in.

Audio from my recent 2 hour in depth interview with Mick Mars is now making the rounds online and on YouTube. Appreciate all the positive comments about this interview. You don’t hear much from Mick and it was cool to get into real detail with him about his life and Motley. He will be on TMS this Saturday.

Comments

1. Dwayne Cole says:

I know who it is. It’s Eddie Trunk because Gene & Paul love him.

• You got it! haha. NO it is not.. Not one person got it yet..

• Love to see B. Starkey & J. Evans induct them:)

• No. Not after aerosmith insulted Kiss last year. STEVEN SAID THEY DONT HAVE MANY HITS. HES JEALOUS OF KISS CAUSE THEIR SHOW BLOWS THEM AWAY. Even though it was fake kiss at the time.

• Hey eddie,
        My first rock concert was Kiss at msg feb 18 1977 then dec 15 1977. I started playing guitar because of Ace then Evh. I am so sick of this, gene and paul. They lost all respect I ever had for them. They would not Allow ace and peter to wear the makeup??????? Who created the make up ?? They made a big mistake of selling their rights to these two or else they could not continue kiss with makeup. I am so fed up with gene and paul. I’m sorry I ever liked them. I feel sorry for peter and ace. They can not celebrate what they helped create. And gene and paul are milking the kiss machine as much as they can. I will never buy another fake kiss album or merchandise cause the money will b o to them . so dissappointed!!!!!! MAC SONI, NJ

2. David Glaize says:

My guess would be Elton John to induct KISS

3. Hey eddie, I have a question about the Hall.

I just watched Metallica get inducted, and Robert Trujillo was eligible, even though he only played on one album, and at that time, had only been a band member for three years.

Why does Rob get a free pass, but Bruce Kulick, Vinnie Vincent, and Eric Car won’t even be considered? Do they not know the history?

4. I am going to guess , Billy Joel is going to induct Kiss, because he is from New York and he became popular around the same time Kiss did.

5. I think Jerry Cantrell is going to induct KISS. Just a guess.

6. Eddie,

By any chance, could it be Garth Brooks doing the Kiss induction, not sure if someone else already guessed that?

7. Geoff Tate is a joke. Need proof? Take a look at this:

8. it’s you isn’t it eddie………

9. It couldn’t be James Hetfield, could it? He has expressed his feelings that they should be in there multiple times, including in his acceptance speech. He’s not openly associated with Kiss, but I can’t imagine the HOF “loves” him. If it is him, it would be great, and I wouldn’t have seen it coming.

10. Ace’s girlfriend posted this on Facebook:

Rachael
    March 2

WHAT A DELIGHT IT WAS TO SEE SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE ‘CAP’ ON GENE,PAUL AND THAYER ABOUT BEING SUCH INFANTILE BRATTS BECAUSE THE ORIGIONAL MEMBERS WERE INDUCTED! HEE HEE HEE.. THEYRE TRYING TO MAKE IT A HAMBURGER COMMERCIAL TO PROMOTE THE CURRENT LINE UP BUT ITS JUST BACK FIRING; IF ONLY EVERYONE COULD HEAR THE SWEET PHONE CALL THEY ALL HAD AFTER THE INDUCTION; LITTLE DID I KNOW JUST HOW JEALOUS AND PHONY PAUL AND GENE ARE!…AND ITS NOT SO MUCH GENE AS IT IS PAUL….MUST BE THE STEROIDS AND PAIN KILLERS ‘HE’ HAS BEEN ON FOR YEARS….OR IT COULD BE A DOZEN OTHER THINGS FOR THAT GUY.,BECAUSE ACE IS WHO THEY CALLED,IT IS ACE WHO’S BEEN INDUCTED AND ASKED TO PLAY WITH THE ORIGIONAL FOUR GUYS AND IT IS ACE WHO CREATED THE LOGO, AND THE SMOKING GUITAR,IT IS ALSO ACE WHO CREATED HIS AND (ANOTHER CHARACTERS MAKE UP) AND ALAS ACE REMAINS NOT JUST THE ONLY ‘REAL’ ROCK AND ROLL MUSICIAN OUT OF THE FOUR OF THEM AS GENE AND PAUL MAY AS WELL JUST HAVE CREW CUTS AND BAD SUITS ON;BUT ACE IS A SUPER HERO INTERNATIONALLY. HE IS AVOIDING THEIR BULLSHIT AND WE ARE ATTENDING AND ACE IS VERY HAPPY TO BE INDUCTED. HE’S BEEN SOBER SEVEN YEARS NOW AND IS WRAPPING UP HIS NEW ALBUM WHICH IS TURNING OUT FANTASTIC! HE’S BACK IN THE SO CAL GROOVE!

11. I for one cannot wait to hear the name of the person inducting KISS at the ceremony Eddie. I feel it’s a very important decision.

12. Vince B says:

I’m going to say the guy doing the KISS Hall induction is going to be Steve Van Zandt. He’s going to be there with the E Street Band and he’s always pushed for KISS to be inducted. It seems out of left field but the guy is a fan.

13. jason morris says:

Is it you?

14. ed is the person inducting kiss in the HOF?

15. Eddie Vedder doing the KISS induction?

16. Link Stuart says:

Alice Cooper since he’s now in.
    KISS once said after seeing Alice Cooper in concert if one Alice Cooper works how about four.

17. dave marsh will induct kiss. that was easy.

18. My guess: JOE PERRY.

19. John Gross says:

Eddie,

It is either Bob Dylan or Dave Grohl…lol

20. John Romano says:

Joe perry

21. John Romano says:

Jimmy page

22. Tom Morello
    and
    thats NOT a guess!

23. Bono. The hall loves Bono!

24. Is it Conan O’ Brien

25. John Romano says:

Paul mac

26. FrehleysVomit says:

Is it Buck Dharma?
    F#ck paul & gene

27. pete lytel says:

THIS IS A FACT. IT IS ABE VIGODA. YES, FROM BARNEY MILLER AND FISH. Kiss loved watching Barney Miller while they put on their makeup. And Abe used to take the guys out to dinner. Once Ace had an uncredited cameo on Barney Miller but he didnt have his makeup on and had his hair pulled back.

28. The Hall loves him … ? Gotta be SLASH.
    Is Slash inducting KISS Eddie?

29. Brandon says:

I got it, I got it! Phyllis Diller. No wait, that’s not possible. Dang.

30. Dan Paulauskas says:

Ed,
    Can’t tell if it’s been suggested, but I’ll take a wild guess and say that Lenny Kravitz will be inductor.

31. Just saw on another site that Gene and Paul are opening another “Rock and Brews” . Ironic these two clowns who claim they never touch alcohol are cruising opening Craft Beer bars, yet the day before, trashing Ace and Peter for drinking and drugs back in the day. No wonder Ace told these guys to go F$$$ themselves on more than one occasion, one would have to get drunk and stoned to tour with those DBs. One could hardly blame him.

32. Jay Leno??

33. Mark Ellis says:

Rudy Giuliani?

34. i’m thinking tom morello as well, or maybe Prince

35. todd hockenbury says:

I am a huge Kiss Fan…original Kiss….I have always thought that Gene and Paul were jealous of Ace and Peter because there commercial success came from Beth, Hard Luck Woman, and New York Groove not to mention that Black Diamond is the best Kiss song ever. So why can’t for the fans Gene and Paul let Ace and Peter perform Beth, Hard Luck Woman, Shock Me and personally I would have Ace play 2000 man even though its the Stones and then Gene and Paul could bring Ripoff and Singer on to do a couple songs. I KNOW I GIVE THAYER NO CREDIT BUT SINGER SOME BECAUSE SINGER HAS BEEN WITH THEM ALMOST 25 YEARS. KISS was dead in the water before Gene and Paul begged Ace and Peter back in the mid 90s to do Vh1 show and the reunion tour and everything else, hell I beat half the people that has seen them the last 10 years that think it has been Ace and Peter all along..Screw you Gene and Paul I only wish I could get back all the money I have spent since I was 6 years old. Ace and Peter you messed up what could have been bigger than the Beatles if you wouldnt have been abusers but I know touring with Gene and Paul was no picnic either.

36. Jim Colagiovanni says:

Who will induct Kiss…gotta go with John Oats or Courtney Love.

37. Whomever it is i will bet Kiss fans will be dissapointed.Everyone has replied with great guesses so i bet it will be someone lame…Just the cherry on top of an event that was supposed to be special for us fans ,now turned into a ho-hum night for Kiss fans.

38. flashrockinman says:

if it’s not Grohl or Hetfield, my guess is Slash

39. any chance its mike piazza or a ny politician?……. eddie if it wasn’t in ny would kiss even be voted in. and wouldn’t you like to see another inductee dress up as ace and peter?maybe hall and oates?

40. I’ll throw a weird one out there…Bob Seger. He’s a RRHOF member. Has “gravitas.” Opened for Kiss during Destroyer tour…has the whole “Detroit” connection and is on the record that Kiss should be in. … (By some of this logic, I guess Kid Rock could be a contender)

41. If there was a marketing HOF, KISS would have been a first ballot inductee.

As far as for their music, not so much.

42. It’s Cher or Diana Ross. Now that is a GRRRREAT guess. Joe in The Cuse & what the hell is going on with the Syracuse Basketball team……once ranked #1 in the nation now sucking. :(

43. Scott B. says:

It’s Hulk Hogan who will be doing the induction.

44. Hey Ed, cool interview with Mick Mars. But you do know that most of what you talked about was already covered in the Motley Crue book, The Dirt…right? Like all the problems they had with Micks playing on The Generation Swine album. One question I want to ask you is, in all the recent interviews with the band on the internet, why do they keep saying now is the time to end Motley Crue, which makes no sense because they are not ending it now, they are ending it 2 years from now? They sound so stupid.

45. It will be David Bowie who will induct Kiss. Glam inducting glam…

46. Nightfox says:

I think Tom Morello. He’s been featured in Rolling Stone magazine gushing about his experiences attending KISS concerts as a kid in the 1970’s. And those Hall of Fame snobs surely must love them some Rage.

47. Eddie,
    Mike McCready from Pearl Jam possibly doing the Kiss induction?

48. I think its Bob Dylan

49. Like I said my first pick is Bob Dylan,second would be Elton John, third Bruce Springsteen…I know its one of those

50. Tom Morello or Jeff Ross