3/1: ALL NEW TMS W/LESLIE WEST, MICK JONES, LITA FORD, MARTY FRIEDMAN TONIGHT!

ALL NEW That Metal Show tonight! Tonight we go classic rock with Leslie West of Mountain, Mick Jones of Foreigner, Lita Ford on guitar and Marty Friedman from Japan via “Metal Modem”. Hope you guys like our latest all new episode from our current season tonight 11/10C on VH1 CLASSIC. I should be able to live tweet during the premier so follow @EddieTrunk and schedule permitting I’ll hang with you later. Thanks for watching!

Comments

1. Whitesnake says:

Wow. Mountain and Foreigner? Two true “metal” artists. Who’s next to get booked on a Metal show? Styx and Heart?

• No because they were already on. Sad you can’t see the influence these legends had on the metal artists you are looking for. Unfortunate no appreciation for history. Marty Friedman was geeked to talk to Mick Jones. Leslie is a hero to Zakk, EVH, Randy, Satriani. Sorry it wasn’t “metal” by your limited standards

• Nice comeback, brutha. Hey by the way, i like the web extras from this week’s show, seems like they are getting deeper and more elaborate. Pretty cool. Keep up the great work, and definitely keep schooling the kids on the history.

• Wow, the ignorance of some people on here in regards to the appearances of classic rock artists on TMS is staggering. Everyone has a their own definition of what ‘metal ‘ is personally, but a national TV show needs guests, and unless you want to be some podcast or internet based show with maybe 500 viewers with nothing but obscure European Black Metal bands on, there’s NOTHING wrong with having artists that in some roundabout way or another have influenced metal/hard rock artists. Like it or not, Metal bands like Anthrax grew up on a steady diet of KISS, Cheap Trick, Foreigner, Journey, Mountain, Aerosmith, Angel, Starz, and a whole host of others that many would not consider “Metal” but were instrumental in the shaping of the Metal bands that came after. I guarantee you that Joey Belladona worshipped guys like Steve Perry and Steve Walsh from Kansas growing up, along WITH Halford, etc. And truth be told, most people, like myself, who grew up on Metal in the 80s are ALSO into guitar based classic rock and prog rock like Rush, so as a viewer, I definitely want to see interviews and features on those bands. Keep up the great work! Most of us get it and appreciate it!

2. Steve D. says:

Can’t wait to see Leslie. Great guitarist and inspiration.

3. Rob Reibold says:

Not a fan of Foreigner but never miss an episode of TMS. Glad about the rest of tonights lineup. Any chance of ever getting any members of Mott The Hoople. I know they’re not Metal but they are a major influence especially on the NWOBHM

4. Dwayne Cole says:

I wanted to get back to Paul Stanley having vocal problems. Paul is a great guitar player, He’s got nothing to be ashamed of, nothing to prove. Let the other guys in the band carry the vocal load for a while, Gene, Eric and Tommy can all sing well. There’s enough Kiss material to choose from. Paul, you don’t have to do it all.

• Paul IS the singer and frontman in Kiss! He was once one of my favorite singers! I have no idea what happened to his voice but it is sad. He once had tremendous power. If you can’t sing that well and move that well (he has had hip replacement) it’s time to pass the torch and end it isn’t it? I mean that’s what they have said about the other former members..

5. David C says:

About two hours from seeing the new TMS tonight…really looking forward to this week’s show.

While we wait, wife and are a blasting Dio’s Finding The Sacred Heart concert DVD from 1986 in Philly. Eddie, we really miss Ronnie…he was a once in a generation vocal talent. Amazing to hear how good he was live.

6. rob baltimore says:

What was the name of the first band Jim recommended on the new music segment? Monty Peet? I know I’m not spelling it correctly and I’m not coming up with anything when I try to Google search for it?

7. Rich Nelson says:

From last nights TMS, Don Jamieson, in his opinion of just how lame Kiss is for not playing a song or two with just the original 4, summed it all up perfectly. And that look on your face, Eddie, following him “leaving it” was priceless. I know you know he nailed it. Glad you concurred with him. There are other sides as you’ve described but they don’t hold water even a fraction as much. It is lame. I have Kiss HOF talk fatigue! Look forward to Ace and Peter on an upcoming episode of TMS. I will need all that time inbetween to recover from how much energy I’ve spent commenting myself regularly and reading all the crazy comments! The Ace and Peter episode has the makings of being quite a memorable one to say the least. Going to buckle up and try to hang on for that one!

8. Jess Tilley says:

Loved the new episode! Big fan of Leslie West, glad he’s feeling better and has a great sense of humor! Eddie, have you heard of the new project featuring Tod Howarth and John Regan called Four by fate? Looking forward to hearing this band.

9. Nice to see that you read these Eddie. I’ve got to say that you’re comment above was very tasteful to the sarcastic guy. That said it is time for you and whoever at VH1 classic to get some more indie record folks on the show to help them at their hard fought and hard earned craft. First case in point being Scott “WINO” Weinrich of Maryland metal scene. Not by any stretch a “new artist” with his band The Obsessed or strictly singing for Saint Vitus. He is taking his masterful band Spirit Caravan from late 90′s re-united for a US tour this spring, first in 12 years for that outfit, so maybe next season? This dude is an absolute gem of heavy guitar and even has solo acoustic records which has elevated his stature in my opinion above many more well known guitarists currently still going. New Jersey correct? So let’s not forget about Monster Magnet or riff masters The Atomic Bitchwax.

Like they say on that Monday nite football segment…”C’MON MAN?

10. Leslie West tore it up! He is so genuine. This man is more than a guitar legend. He’s influenced those of us with Cancer, Diabetes, Obesity, Drugs, with missing limbs because he’s beaten those demons. He’s living his dream, and he makes no excuses. Todays rock “stars” have a LOT to learn from this man. WE all do.