2/5: NUGENT ON TMS, THE POLL, HOUSTON SATURDAY, ALTER BRIDGE

Well we have been having the “polar vortex” Winter here on the E Coast (more snow today!) and yesterday at TMS we had the Ted Vortex! Yes Nugent paid a visit for the first time to our show and spent the entire hour with us and was great! We even got him up to jam a little at the end of the show! As I have said many times, I love outspoken personalities even if I don’t agree with all they say, and Ted is that and more. The focus of the visit is 100% music based which is what we and Ted wanted to do. As I say in my new book I think people forget the great songs and great playing this guy has done. He has been making music since the 60s! So that is the focus for me, politics and hunting were back burner. Also thanks to Gary Hoey who played guitar and Biff from Saxon who checked in via Skype. See it all premiere this Saturday 11/10C on VH1 Classic!

The poll on this site had to be removed temporarily because it caused a tech problem that actually took the site down for a bit yesterday. Webmaster David is exploring this and will return the poll once we know the program is secure for the site.

Hearing from many coming to my live appearance in Houston this Saturday at Concert Pub North. This should be a good time. The night will consist of me doing Q&A and telling some stories and a little live trivia as well. Then I will sell and sign both of my books. The venue will also have live bands after my time on stage. Tons of appearances being added for the Summer so be sure to keep an eye on the home page listings.

All new show this Friday on Q104.3 NYC 11P-2A loaded with new and classic rock and metal. Live show this Monday on SiriusXM 39 TRUNKNation 6-10P ET. Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge sit in with me!

Comments

1. Sam Jones says:

It’s not a matter of agreeing with Nugent. We all have disagreements. Nugent goes way beyond having an opinion. Disappointed that you chose to have him on.

• I understand some people have issues with the guy, but our show is about music and that’s what we discussed. Again I do not agree with all he says by any stretch, but in this super PC world at least he stands and speaks for what he believes.

• Sam Jones says:

Lots of people stand and speak what they believe, but do it in civilized manner.

• I will watch solely because I know he is only going to talk about music. It has nothing to do with listening to other’s opinions if even you were to talk to Ted about politics, but it is the fact he never offers anything new. I enjoy hearing differing political opinions when I feel like something new is being offered up. It is the same rant. The same Ted enjoying listening to himself schtick he has perfected in front of the camera.
        Anyways, any thoughts on the Howard Birthday Bash musical moments that went down, Eddie, or have you had a chance to catch the replay? The Slash/Steven Tyler doing Dream On was a highlight.

• I agree with you Sam. Nugent is a closed-minded conservative bigot who has no compassion for anyone. And I guess if you intentionally throw up on yourself and crap your pants, so the military doesn’t draft you, that’s being patriotic and American. Talk about irony.

• Because you don’t agree with Ted Nugent’s opinions, Eddie shouldn’t have him on his show? This is a typical leftist view point. You have zero tolerance for view points of the other side. You act like this guy’s view points are of a few people. Tens of millions of americans have similar views. Maybe you should read the Constitution and focus on the first Bill of Rights.

Eddie thanks for having Ted Nugent on. I dislike how you have to preface your introduction with I don’t agree with everything he says. There have been guests on your show who are on the other side of the spectrum where you haven’t had to mention that.

I hope you feel better Ed.

• Exactly. For Nugent there’s a disclaimer ….. would Tom Morello get the same treatment?

• What treatment exactly? Tom is a friend and been on TMS many times and is free to say what he wants and I respect his right to do it. Don’t really get what people are grasping for with all of this. I don’t play sides in politics, especially on a music show, which is why we talked about MUSIC for an hour.

• Charles DeWeese says:

Right on to Eddie Trunk!! The people who do not believe as he does(liberals) are trying to hurt Ted. That is just plain nasty. They are shallow to do that. They reveal their own lack of character and are against free speech.

2. DannyBayRidge says:

Feel better Ed!

3. Really glad yr feelin’ better, Ed. I hate the flu! Haven’t suffered from it since I was, like, 6. Anyway, are you still gonna be live on q104 this Friday?

• It was a stomach virus, but thanks. I will be traveling this weekend. All new show just pre recorded. Q104 is live when my schedule permits.

4. Mike Jones says:

Eddie, Since Ritchie Blackmore made it known that he would not appear at the RHOF induction ceremony if and when Deep Purple ever get in, I think you should start campaigning for Rainbow to get inducted. Blackmore would have to show up at the induction ceremony for that since it was his band, and a really great one. Just a crazy thought even though it would probably never happen.

• Not going to happen. Blackmore will not even discuss Rainbow or Purple. The issues stems from a falling out over catalog control and business with the manager of both bands. And if the HOF still hasn’t put in Purple NO SHOT for Rainbow!

• I’ve always been a huge fan of Purple and Rainbow, and always wondered what the behind the scenes issues were with Blackmore and Purple. Is there anywhere I can find additional info on the catalog and business issues? I’ve always wondered exactly what those issues were. Thanks Eddie.

5. I’m glad you had Nugent on…his place in rock and roll history is secure, and he is an interesting and compelling guest. I appreciate you seeing beyond the politics, whether or not any of us agree and disagree.

We all need to remember it’s about the MUSIC. Thanks Eddie, good job as usual.

6. Marty Connelly says:

Really enjoying the new season of TMS. Having spent my high school days in the late 70’s, I am so excited that you have Ted Nugent on the show. As you said, he is a very outspoken person but you can’t deny his contribution to the rock music industry. Didn’t have the opportunity to see him live in the 70’s but saw him on the KISS (supposed) Farewell Tour when they played in Columbia, S.C. Ted hit the stage in a Confederate Flag shirt. That was during the time here in SC when all of the politicians were involved with trying to get the Confederate flag off of the state house. I knew when he came out, it was going to be quite a show. Love his solo albums Ted Nugent, Free For All and Cat Scratch Fever. Enjoyed reading your piece on him in your second book. Thanks for giving us fans from the 70’s a blast from the past!!!

7. Looking forward to Uncle Ted on Saturday. I love to listen to him talk….may not agree with everything, but he is definitely a ball of energy!! Also, looking forward to Mick Mars upcoming. He is, by far, the least vocal of the Crue, and it will be interesting to hear what he has to say!! Cant Wait!!

8. Great to see Dio getting a tribute album. Any particular reason they chose April Fools as release day?

Maybe because “if you listen to fools/ the mob rules” ?

9. I do not like Nugent at all but I am still going to see the show.

10. It’s narrow minded people that don’t understand Ted Nugent . He stands for everything that makes America great and the left wing on a daily basis tear down all the things that make America great and Uncle Ted sounds off on that in volumes , god bless him ! So he hunts , whoop dee do , so do millions of americans . It’s not for me , but he / they have every right to hunt . Maybe Ted shoud kill some tofu for the animal rights groupies to make them feel better?? With all that aside , been a fan of his music since 1976 , have all classic Nuge on vinyl . Can’t wait to see TMS tonight Ed !

• You actually typed, “it’s the narrow-minded that don’t understand Ted Nugent”? That is the most inane statement ever. Shall we discuss how he has had sex with under-age girls? Or perhaps how he dodged the draft by intentionally defecating in his pants and throwing up. He is soooo misunderstood. He is the epitome of a good American.

11. Love the Buckcherry pics…just remember, they opened for Steel Panther in Australia.

12. Ted likes Bruno Mars, Coke head, James Brown, Wife Beating Drug addict. Don wussed out and didn’t bring up what Ted said about Dimebag. Just another ball washing show.

13. Eddie-
    What separates you from other media and gives you so much credibility is that you are a true fan of metal. You obviously have a real love for the music and it shows during your interviews, because you always ask questions that we (the fans) would want to ask your guests.
    During your career I’m sure that you’ve had many moments that you’ll never forget–could you talk about a time when you met a particular musician and thought,”I can’t believe this is finally happening–I’ve always wanted to visit with this person!”
    Thanks–Randy

14. that was a great metal show with uncle ted eddie thanks for having him on saw and met him here in small town northern ontario two very great concerts
    keep up the great work
    your new book is fantastic my 15 year old son has both your books and loves the music keeping the music alive for the next generation

15. Love the show, loved Ted on it. Was there any conversation that was edited out regarding Damn Yankees, or why they just seemed to have stopped?

16. Greatest TMS I’ve ever seen!
    Ted was so entertaining and the energy was off the chart.

17. It was a great show always liked uncle ted,one of the most underated guitar player out their,its amazing how people get mad when he speaks the truth.He is a true american.