GUITAR WORLD MAGAZINE STREAMING A NEVER HEARD BEFORE DIMEBAG DARRELL SONG
Damian Fanelli of Guitar World reports:
The February 2015 issue of Guitar World, which will hit newsstands and readers’ mailboxes this week, has been dubbed our Ultimate Dimebag Darrell Tribute Issue. Among its exclusive Dime-themed offerings are:
• A private tour of the late guitarist’s estate in Arlington, Texas, featuring his most cherished guitars and memorabilia
• The Guitar World guide to the 25 Greatest Pantera Songs of All Time
• An interview with metal producer Terry Date, who reflects on his days in the studio with Pantera
• An interview with Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian, who recalls how he nearly drank himself to death on the road with Pantera
• Plus a gallery of Dimebag Darrell art and tattoos from Guitar World readers, who continue to express their devotion to the late guitarist.
As part of our Dime tribute, we’re also premiering Whiskey Road, a never-before-heard song that features Dimebag Darrell on vocals and all the instruments. Listen to the song at Guitar World. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
Whiskey Road was tracked in 2001, during the last outing of Pantera’s Reinventing the Steel tour in the U.S. For more information about the song.
Definitely a collectable issue of Guitar World. Vinnie has said he has demos of riffs and music he and Dime were working on that would have been on the next Damageplan album and that they had returned to the style they wrote and played in with Pantera. I really hope he decides to release that someday.
Such tragedy that some whacko had to end his life. To be honest, I never really got into his playing or Pantera. It never really connected with me.