ALICE IN CHAINS TO RELEASE, “DIRT” 30TH ANNIVERSARY BOX SET, ON SEPTEMBER 23RD
Columbia Records and Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, will release a remastered 30th-anniversary 2LP 12″ black vinyl edition of Alice In Chains‘ landmark album Dirt on September 23rd.
Originally released through Columbia Records on September 29th, 1992, Alice In Chains’ second full-length studio album established the band as formidable frontrunners in the alt-rock music revolution rolling out of the Pacific Northwest, achieving multi-platinum mainstream success while remaining true to an uncompromising underground sound and vision. Dirt was the last Alice In Chains’ album to be recorded with the Seattle group’s core four founding members: Jerry Cantrell (guitar, vocals),Sean Kinney(drums),Mike Starr (bass) and Layne Staley (lead vocals).
Walmart will be offering customers an exclusive apple red variant pressing of the 2LP 12″ vinyl 30th-anniversary edition of Dirt.
Alice In Chains will release an exclusive translucent orange variant of the 2LP 12″ vinyl 30th anniversary edition of Dirt as a D2C offering on the band’s web site. The AIC exclusive translucent orange pressing of Dirt will be available as a stand-alone purchase as well as a component in the ultimate Dirt super deluxe package which also includes a resin figurine custom sculpted girl from the album cover as a vinyl topper and magnet, four show posters, a 24″ square poster featuring the album cover and band photo, four reimagined Dirt album cover prints, a Dirt hardcover book with never-before-seen photos, CD with remastered audio, and the album’s five 7″ vinyl singles: Them Bones, Down In A Hole, Rooster, Angry Chair and Would? Each of the singles has been released with a music video, all previously up-rezzed to HD.
* Box with lid filled with metal shavings. Move shavings around to create your own dirt design using magnetic cover figurine
* Resin cover figurine fits atop vinyl records on your record player
* “Dirt” on orange 2LP for the first time with remastered audio
* “Dirt” on CD with remastered audio
* Five 7″ singles with brand new artwork on various colored vinyl: Them Bones, Down In A Hole, Rooster, Angry Chair and Would?
* 80-page hardbound book
* Exclusive Dirt-inspired art prints by Cody Melick, Victor Melendez, Brent McKee, and Eric Wolfe Sahlsten
* 2-sided foldout poster
* 8×10 band photo glossy
* Four reprinted show posters
* Reprinted setlist
* Dirt tour laminate
Dirt peaked at number six on the Billboard 200 and remained on the Billboard charts for nearly two years. The album was voted Kerrang! Critic’s Choice Album of the Year for 1992 and in October 2011, Guitar World ranked Dirt as the number one guitar album of 1992.