SAMMY HAGAR AND BOB WEIR CO-HOST SOLD-OUT FIFTH ANNUAL “ACOUSTIC-4-A-CURE”
SF Bay music legends Sammy Hagar and Bob Weir co-hosted the 5th annual Acoustic-4-A-Cure benefit concert on May 15th at the Fillmore in San Francisco. Performers including a reunited Chickenfoot – Sammy Hagar, Joe Satriani, Chad Smith, Michael Anthony; Taj Mahal, Bob Weir, Jay Lane, Don Was, Kevin Cronin, Vic Johnson and Eddie Money performed a special celebratory concert to honor legendary bluesman Taj Mahal’s 76th Birthday with all proceeds benefitting the pediatric cancer program at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital.
The night featured several all-star performances and collaborations including:
– A setlist from reunited supergroup Chickenfoot (Sammy Hagar, Chad Smith, Joe Satriani, Michael Anthony and Vic Johnson) on songs Big Foot, Sexy Little Thing, Something Going Wrong and Oh Yeah
– Bob Weir performing Friend of the Devil with Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon joining in on harmony/vocals, Jay Lane on drums and special guest Don Was on bass. Weir’s set also included Only A River, and Easy Answers.
– Taj Mahal: Corinna and Fishin’ Blues
– Sammy Hagar and Vic Johnson: Where Eagles Fly and Red Voodoo
– Kevin Cronin performing his REO hits Take it on the Run and Roll With the Changes accompanied by Chad Smith, Michael Anthony and Joe Satriani’s incredible guitar which made the classics unforgettable.
Each year surprise guests take the stage and this year saw legendary producer and musician, Don Was. In past years everyone from Adam Sandler to Kris Kristofferson played surprise/unannounced sets. Also, proving that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, Eddie Money’s daughter Jesse Money sang with her father. Their performance follows on the heals of Aaron Hagar, Andrew Hagar and Cali Hetfield (James Hetfield daughter) who all performed with with the famous fathers at past Acoustic-4-A-Cure concert benefits.
See video below of an all star jam on, Dock of the Bay, below.
Photo credit: Jon Luini (Chime Interactive)