MOTLEY CRUE’S NIKKI SIXX SAYS THAT THE BAND PLANS TO SPILT FOR GOOD AFTER THEIR NEXT ALBUM

nikkisixx In a recent backstage interview with Motley Crue’s Nikki Sixx, the bassist told TheMusic.com.au‘s Bryget Chrisfield that the band’s existence is slowly winding down to a screeching halt.

“I wanna finish our movie (adaptation of Motley Crue’s New York Times bestselling collaborative autobiography The Dirt: Confessions Of The World’s Most Notorious Rock Band) and put out a new album,” he revealed before adding they will also release a soundtrack to the movie and then embark on “a farewell tour.” “We’ll be back in Australia and, ah, that’ll be it,” he said. “I can honorably say, ‘We did it our way and we’re never coming back’.”

Sixx said the split would be their final chapter and that he has no interest in resurrecting the band once it is over.

“It’s important that when you do a farewell tour that people understand that when you put a bullet in the back of the horse’s head, and it goes down, it’s not a plastic bullet it’s a fucking shotgun blast. You know, blow its fucking brains out, it’s never coming back. It has to (be that way),” he stressed. “It’s the only way I can look at myself in the mirror and do a farewell tour. That’s it. So when we take our final bow, it’s IT. I will cry. I cry thinking about it.”

Motley Crue have been raising musical hell for more than three decades and Sixx admits, “I love this band. I fucking spent my life doing this band. I’ve been doing this band longer than I’ve been doing anything else. And I’ve been in this band longer than I’ve known any woman, longer than I’ve known my children — only my family, and I have a closer relationship with my band than I have with my family, and a rockier relationship with my band than I’ve had with anybody in my family as well.

So it’s very emotional and I just think it’s important that we finish what we started and then, you know, it will be whatever it will be. It could be beautiful. It could be a beautiful ending! When you go and see a great movie — I’ll leave you with this: when you go and see a great fucking movie and it ends and you go, ‘Fuck!’ like, you walk out and you go, ‘That was amazing! That blew my mind!’ It’s not like, ‘That blew my mind and, um, maybe there’ll be a sequel to it’.”

additional source: sleazeroxx.com

Comments

1. I hope not!

2. Brian Coddington says:

I am very big Kiss fan and when they did a Farewell Tour I believed it was over and I was very emotional. I would like it very much if when they say it’s over that it really is over for any band I like. Including the Crue. Rock On!

3. I agree with going out on top with the original band still intact and putting on great shows. Like another commenter here, I also thought of KISS where the band is almost becoming a tribute band because of the members changing. Lynyrd Skynyrd is like a tribute band in a sense in their current form because they just don’t have the emotion of the earlier incarnations of the band. (As a side note I think Lynyrd Skynyrd is an influential band that doesn’t seem to get much mention here)

4. bullshit……2 words: KISS, Scorpions

5. Tommy simonic says:

What do you think Eddie trunk?

6. bigsled says:

I’m not a crue fan but, why commit to ending it ?
    Whats the point of saying its over forever ?

7. Kathleen Bense says:

I can understand taking a break, but this past summer tour was one of the best ! Your fans love seeing you out there raising havoc! We Love tour Music! We love you guys !! Reconsider and just take a vacation for a while. Never say never Nikki<3.

8. This sounds like Nikki; he sees Motley as a story, an epic tale, and every story deserves a good ending. That being said, Motley is a business and it doesn’t make much sense to conclusively claim that it’s over, because you never know, you might end up needing the income…

9. Yep. Complete bullshit. He’s a businessman, I’ll give him that. He’s obviously learned a thing or two from guys like Kiss. I love the Crue but Nikki you’d probably keep this band going even if you were the only original member. This is just another money-making ploy to help sell their movie and upcoming tour. Damn, I knew times were tough but I figured Nikki didnt need money that bad.

10. Great band with great memories of my life during their prime. No offense Tommy NEW TATOO was one of the best comeback albums ever. Rock on boys. Enjoy

11. As others have said, I’ll see it when I believe it.

12. scott whitaker says:

He wants to do Sixx A.M. more, those guts wrote most of the last Motley record anyway.

13. John Paul says:

Yes, I’d like to think this is the truth, but I have to cry bullshit on this one as well. I remember back in the day when all 4 members of Motley would constantly say that if any of them left the band it would be done. Then they got rid of Vince & replaced him. Then Tommy quit & they replaced him. If there’s money to be made they’ll keep going & going, just like Ki$$. I’m still pissed that I paid to see Ki$$ on their so-called “Farewell Tour” & those money-grubbing assholes are still touring. Should have called that tour “Farewell To The Real Ace & Peter” or “Farewell To Our Integrity”.

14. dave backhaus says:

well, i would guess that Mick’s health prob has some things to do with it…. maybe? I mean, the poor guy can barely move these days… If they sense it just getting worse might as well go out swinging while everyone can!

15. I was a die hard Crüe fan I have my tat and everything. I like the Crüe now but when they went on without Vince their integrity went out the window. I don’t hate them and I think Saints was their best music they have made since Girls. As much as I hated them going on without Vince, I thought the record made without him was in the top five of all the Crüe records. I think if they changed the name of the band when Vince was out it may have been different. Tommy leaving was more out of frustration with the direction of the band. I hope Nikki is being honest but I have ALWAYS said Sixx is an top notch business man and could stand with anyone in the business world. If I knew this was it for sure I’d be there to end it like we all started it. I honestly think Nikki wants to do other things not just in entertainment. He is creative and passionate about what he dose but to say it’s over just not believable. Nor should it be that way, should never end it forever. There is only one band that has ended their collaboration except for a few charity and special occasions and that band was Zeppelin. The Stones, Kiss, Sabbath and the others that just comeback and that’s fine, I’m even ok with them saying that’s it but if your coming back make it fucking great! Long live Motley Fuckin Crüe THE MOTHER FUCKIN LOUDEST EARSPLITTING TOURING BAND OF ALL MOTHER FUCKIN TIME!!!!!!!!!

16. I meant to address the comment about Nikki wanting to continue the Sixx AM project. If that is the case DON’T come out on the road with them without a touring vocalist. There studio recordings are great stuff but EVERYTIME I see them live or recorded live it’s like seeing Soundgarden. Now it may sound like I’m dissing the band but I’m not. Some guys are great singers but without the studio don’t do so well. That is Sixx AM’s singer, I would never pay to see them never….