5/15: THAT METAL SHOW GUEST/PREMIERE DATES

HERE ARE THE PREMIERE DATES AND GUESTS FOR THE NEW SEASON OF THAT METAL SHOW ON VH1 CLASSIC. IN ADDITION TO THE BELOW LISTED GUESTS THERE WILL ALSO BE MANY SURPRISE CAMEO GUESTS FROM BOTH NEW AND CLASSIC ARTISTS.

6/1: JASON NEWSTED W/ CARMINE APPICE ON DRUMS

6/8: COREY TAYLOR & JOSH RAND (STONE SOUR) W/ RICHIE KOTZEN ON GUITAR

6/15: REX BROWN (PANTERA/KILL DEVIL HILL) & SEBASTIAN BACH W/ VINNIE APPICE ON DRUMS

6/22: JAKE E LEE & RICK ALLEN (DEF LEPPARD) W/ VINNIE APPICE ON DRUMS

6/29: TODD LaTORRE & SCOTT ROCKENFIELD (QUEENSRYCHE) & DAVE MUSTAINE W/ CARMINE APPICE ON DRUMS

7/6: ROB ZOMBIE & JOHN 5, TOM KEIFER (CINDERELLA) W/ RICHIE KOTZEN ON GUITAR

7/13: SCOTT GORHAM & RICKY WARWICK (THIN LIZZY/BLACK STAR RIDERS) & NEIL FALLON (CLUTCH) W/ JAKE E LEE ON GUITAR

7/20: BUCK DHARMA (BOC) & STEVE WHITEMAN & BRIAN FORSYTHE (KIX) W/ JAKE E LEE ON GUITAR.

Comments

1. This show is a guitar players dream! John 5, Kotzen, Jake E Lee, Scott Gorham, Zakk Wylde, Yngwie, George Lynch, unbelievable talent.
    I still can’t believe Eddie coaxed John Sykes out for an interview, that was one of my favorites.

2. Still in shock you were able to get Jake E Lee….can’t wait for the new season!!!

3. Jake E Lee and Queensryche…those will be great to see.

4. Dave Shamblin says:

Nice lineup. Love the show, love VH-1 for caring enough about metal/classic rock to keep up a contemporary show, but fuck them for not having you in HD Eddie. Nothing you haven’t heard before I know.

5. Brandon Carbaugh says:

I cant wait for the new season, it looks like it is going to be a good one.

6. Very cool that Jason Newsted was booked. There’s a great story to be heard about his journey from Metallica to his own band under his name. I also really hope to hear how it came about that he added in Mike Mushok late in the game (great player, and terrific stage presence).

7. PJ Schwackhammer says:

Buck Dharma. Nice get!

8. Great season, looking forward to it! Too bad Chris DeGarmo wasn’t still with Queensryche and on that one show. I think Dave Mustaine once said he looked like Jamie Lee Curtis.

9. Linda Miller says:

Going to be another great season!!! Hey Eddie for next season hows about getting Mark Kendall and Michael Lardie from Great White?Also Audie Desbrow as your guest drummer? They are awesome! We have heard what Jack Russell has to say.It is only fair that his ex bandmates tell the other side to the story. Love the lineup for this season! And thanks for the 8 by 10 you sent us !! That Metal Show is our favorite show!

10. EDDIE! Very much looking forward to the new season of TMS. Major kudos for getting one of my all time favorites, Mr. Jake E. Lee, on the show. Keep up the good work… oh, and I don’t know how this one got in here, but…

11. Buck Dharma :) Having had Iommi and John 5 on the show before, with those 3 everyone else is an also ran, LOL

12. Mark Edge says:

Can’t wait to see the KIX guys on the show!! One of my favorite bands of all time!!

13. NEIL FALLON!!!!!!!! F@#k Yeah.

14. Christina says:

Thank God That Metal Show is back again, love you guys. I’m looking forward to all these guys especially Dave Mustaine and Rick Allen. Wish I could be in the audience but this East Coaster can’t travel to CA any time soon :(

15. Same old guests , although i’m very looking forward to seeing Jake E Lee and Buck Dharma and even though you had him on before , Scott Gorham . Ed , if you find and get original Deep Purple , Captain Beyond , and 1980 Bogus Deep Purple vocalist Rod Evans on your show you will be my hero dude . What an intriguing interview and “where are they now” that would be !

• Really?? 65% new first time guests and the rest returning. And what talk show doesn’t have guests back after more than 100 episodes. Finally, do you honestly think obscure names are of interest to a ratings driven TV network?? Thanks for watching!

16. I remember you once mentioned (potentially) having a season filmed in England, to interview musicians over there. Any update?

17. I am a new fan of the show being one of the few people that never had cable or satellite tv until recently. I totally agree with your comments about KISS and the joke that is the rock and roll hall of fame. Who is next for induction? Slim Whitman?
    Keep up the great work, and I would love to see the great guitarist Damon Johnson on your show (Brother Cane, Alice Cooper, Whiskey Falls,Thin Lizzy and Black Star Riders as well as solo work)

18. Jeremiah Milligan says:

Hi, I don’t like FF so I’m not gonna have them on the show. I don’t care the impact they’ve had on modern Metal, I don’t like them so NO!

19. Joe from muskegon Mi says:

TMS totally rocks! Thanks for keeping the music alive!

20. david durham says:

HELL YEAH TOM KEIFER….I met him once back in the 80s at a truck stop in hollywood alabama when i was about 13….they were leaving huntsville alabama after a show with Bon Jovi… it was about 2 am and they were kind enough to give a star struck kid a minute of there time….never will forget it

21. Jake lee,Buck dharma and jason newstead as guests is awesome. A lot of the others are the same ones over and over. But Eddie I love the show. keep rocking my friend.

22. I see a lot of ery cool names, many of who I have never seen on TV or read interiwws from in my you life (Kix, Buck Dharma, the reclusive Jake E. Lee).

But you once hinted that Vivian Campbell had said he would come on TMS and give some very specific points as to why he was fired by the late Ronnie James Dio. As you know, Campbell and Def Leppard were often slagged by Dio, one of the few artists he would publicly criticize., and he did so venomously.

Has Campbell changed his mind, or did scheduling not work out this recording session for the show?

23. As far as guests are concerned can we please see Jon Oliva, Johnny Gioeli , and Zak Stevens. Also Lizzy Borden needs to be on the show even though Eddie i know you don’t like the band at all. I know you aren’t a Lizzy fan but they were awesome back in the day and kinda still are today .

• Perhaps you’d like to sit in the VH1 meetings and make a case for some of these people? No offense to any of the musicians you mentioned but the network always wants the BIGGEST names possible for TV! You have no idea how many artists I personally love I know won’t get on! Thanks for watching.

24. Eddie, great season, great guests! Never miss the show. Don and Jim are OK too :)

Trackbacks

1. […] Eddie Trunk’s That Metal Show that airs on VH-1 Classic, has released dates and guest for their upcoming shows. Is it me or does he have a lot of the same guests on over and over again? You can check that out here: http://eddietrunk.com/515-that-metal-show-guestpremiere-dates/ […]